Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2014

It's June


It's June and our house has moved into summer mode.  The kids have summer camp at St Mary's every day from 9 to noon, and I'm no longer going skiing every day after work.  Dog walks at Abercrombie are now my daily exercise.  My archaeological surveys to Kodiak's remote places are done too.  It's summer, and time to kick back if you can.

I actually prefer winter with its less hectic schedule, but summer does have its warmth and green, green moments.  And pretty soon it'll be hunting season!




I had a funny moment while serving Stuey beef chow mein the other night. It was one of those lazy dinner nights and I had purchased canned beef chow mein (it came in 2 cans) - so perhaps it is understandable that he did not want to eat it.  He asked what it was, and I replied, 'it's beef chow mein'.  He replied,  'I don't want to eat something with a Spanish name'.  For some reason all I could think of was Warren Zevon and 'Werewolves of London' - "Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein".   Patrick

No comments: