Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Worn Out from Skating


I never thought I would be writing about TOO much skiing - and I will add that I am not complaining - But with Kodiak's recent cold stretch and the great backcountry XC ski conditions I have worn my body out from too much skate skiing.  I know I should take a day off and let my body rest, but I also know that in a month or so the skate skiing season will be over.  And so I am getting it while I can.

In addition, it is so cold that the downhill skiing is terrible.  It has not been getting warm enough in the afternoons to warm up the snow and create the corn snow so essential to good spring skiing conditions.  So while it stays cold I continue to go skate skiing everyday after work.  Perhaps I'll take the day off tomorrow.  Here is a link to a video I made that shows what it is like to go skate skiing in the mountains.  Click here for the link.

Patrick

No comments: