Search This Blog

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Change of Seasons



Hunting season is pretty much over. I don't like to hunt deer past the end of October because the bucks start to go in rut and they start to taste REALLY BAD. So while I might go out and harvest a few bunnies, perhaps a duck, or a ptarmigan or two, my weekends spent chasing deer are over. This weekend I will help my friend John Barklow with his registration bow hunt for goat, but that's it. It is time to start thinking about skiing.

So this week after work I have been climbing up Pyramid Mountain. I quit skiing up there in mid July so I had not been up in 3 1/2 months. It's funny because there is still less snow up there than there was back in July. But it will not be long before we have a good snow pack again. Last week, while I was still possessed with hunting, people were even skiing and snowboarding on Pyramid. A warm snap over the weekend melted most of the snow, but today it was snowing above 1500 feet, and I think there is already enough snow to warrant pulling out the rock skiis. Time to get with it and lose the summer flab - get back into ski shape. It's almost winter! YEAH!

No comments: