Search This Blog

Friday, November 09, 2007

9 Month snapshot


Stuart is at his 9 month mark-growing like a weed and grinning from ear to ear. He is 27+ pounds and feeling less like a baby to me. He still has that baby smell and baby feel when he nuzzles his head into my neck, however! Phew!

When I sit him on my lap, he likes to move around more and on the floor he is making attempts to crawl. These attempts only frusturate him, as he commando crawls backwards, away from the toy he is trying to reach. I vaguely remember Nora going through this phase and how frusturating it was for her.

Last night we turned a corner with him in his crib. He was in there from 8:30-4:00 and I went in twice to nurse him and get him back to sleep. There was a bit of crying involved but not for too long. He did a midnight-4:00 stretch which was heavenly. When he is in our bed he just doesn't sleep as well lately (and neither do I!).

He has 4 small teeth and continues to be Mr. Pucker face with food. I remember when Nora ate solids, she was all over it. He is much more tenative and puckers much more during meal time. Sometime he'll pucker and shake his head back and forth as if to shake the food off of him. Pretty funny to watch.

Zoya