Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Frozen Turf & New Glasses


After the 'placid surf' during our morning tide pooling at Abercrombie it is time to report on the 'frozen turf' of our afternoon sledding up at the pass - Surf and Turf!  I love spring time in Kodiak and the fact that our mountains are close to the sea.  In the past I have met people skiing on Pyramid who had gone surfing in the morning.

Before we drove up to the pass I stopped in at the eye doctor and picked up my first ever pair of prescription glasses. Suddenly I could read the road signs!  Sort of scary how much detail I had gotten used to not seeing.  But I also realize that up close everything is still very good.  I only need glasses for outside.

Up at the pass I could see people in the distance skinning up the mountain to ski, wind drifted snow way up high on the mountain, and even the heads of bald eagles as they flew by.  So much detail that I had completely forgot existed.  And it is funny, but thinking back just a few years I could see such detail.  I think my eyes only gradually weakened over the last 3 years or so.  I do know that the first time I realized I could not read a powerpoint was at a conference only 2 years ago.

Anyway, we had fun at the pass and it was good to see things again.

Patrick





My new prescription glasses - they darken up in the sunlight

Stuey after he landed a jump - see ramp in background

No comments: