Search This Blog

Monday, March 04, 2013

Done with the Tour!

This morning we returned from Anchorage from the Tour of Anchorage ski race yesterday. It went great; weather was perfect, everyone reached their goals and a fun time was had with family and friends before, during and after the race. 

For me, the  highlight of the weekend was the addition of a longtime friend (pictured below), Adelia, who was also born and raised in Kodiak did the race with us. She is also 36 years old and placed second in our age category! This is her first time doing a ski race. Her husband Phillip took incredible photos throughout the course (some are pictured below...see credits - also click here for his  very humorous account). And they joined in on the post-race brownie and pizza celebrations. 

I placed 4th for my age group, which I was super pleased with, as I skiied 7 or 8 times since the beginning of 2013. I knew that no matter what, I was going to do the race and I'm so glad I did. The day was beautiful, the course was fast and it was a good feeling to do the race again. Every year it gets a little less intimidating and a little less daunting. 

Many more photos and a few stories to come, but wanted to share a few pics from the weekend. 

Zoya



After the race!

Adelia and I hugging at the finish line. (photo by Philip) 

Patrick and Nora at the airport. 

The daddy ski train...Hop on! (Photo by Philip)

No comments: