Search This Blog

Friday, December 03, 2010

Snow and then Rain






Yesterday we woke up to 2 inches of glorious powder snow. Best of all it cleared off and got sunny and the powder stayed powder and did not turn to slush. After work I went skate skiing on a local pond (4rth photo down). And then when I got home I took the kiddos sledding. This is one of their favorite activities. We were hoping to do it some more of it today, but. .. ...

And this leads us to the second photo. In typical Kodiak fashion while it was clear and 20 degrees out when I went to bed it was 36 degrees and raining when I woke up. We've been socked with a rapidly developing storm. The wind is supposed to blow 50 mph today! The good thing is that at least we are getting snow on the mountains, but I do fear the sledding and skate skiing is done for the immediate future. Patrick

No comments: