Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2007

Chocolate Woes, Monopoly, HOT Sauna Fire Alarm

An action packed day here in Homer!

The last 2 nights, Andie and I played a game of Monopoly-SO FUN! She won big time. She started putting up hotels and it was all downhill from there. It took probably 3 hours to complete the game. I forgot all the rules-with mortaging property, going to jail (losing 3 turns), the iron and shoe game pieces....Andie is a seasoned Monopoly player so she got me right up to speed.

I forgot to mention that yesterday Cathy showed Nora the lilac bush outside and she taught Nora how to smell the lilacs. Then when we went to Cosmic Kitchen, there were fake flowers on the table. Nora pointed to them, we took one out and she smelled it. I think she was disappointed that they didn't smell at all!! Its so fun to watch Nora learn all of these little "people skills."

I've had to give up chocolate-due to Stuey burping up HORRIBLY when I eat it. I'll slowly phase it back in, but the past 2 days have been much better without me eating chocolate. One day when I was eating lots of chocolate chip cookies, I had to change my shirt 5 times he had burped up so much. Ugghhh...yuck!

Tonight we took a sauna here at the house-I think we got it up to 180 degrees. It was so hot we couldn't even put our heads up into the steam. We filled up the adjacent jacuzzi tub and sat in that a couple of times to cool off. After we were done and cleaning up, the fire alarm in the hall way went off and neither kiddo went off. I was amazed! I guess setting the fire alarm off means it got fairly hot in the sauna! The thermometer stopped at 160 degrees but I think it got a good 20 degrees above that. It was so relaxing and I think I'll sleep well tonight!

Tomorrow we head to Seward to see Julie, Ray and Lars. More from there!

Zoya