Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2007

My husband's CURIOSITY/ADDICTION with weather

Patrick is so addicted to weather. Its not a bad thing....I'd rather have him be addicted to weather rather than watching TV all the time. His curiosity and interest with the weather is primarily during the fall, winter and spring....so he can see what kind of skiing there is to be done!

He spends much time on the internet analyzing satellite weather maps, looking at weather trends, checking the weather in Dutch Harbor (it often ends up here in a few days). In the morning he'll say, "it snowed 4 inches at the airport overnight. Right now it is 34 degrees at the airport which means its snowing up high (on pyramid)." Often he looks at the weather forecast and comes up with his own forecast based on the satellite photos, dutch harbor weather, etc....

Its funny 'cause this year I'm completely ambivalent about the weather. Its been the most amazing ski winter ever, but I've had to just be a bystander with being pregnant.

Patrick on the otherhand, has been in ski heaven. And I must say, it makes him have tons of energy with all the skiing he has been doing. When he comes home from a good ski, he offers to take Nora for a walk, make dinner, etc....I don't mind one bit! Some people say to me, "I don't see how you can 'let' Patrick go skiing so much!" The way I see it is that Pyramid Mt. is mother natures stair climber. How can a spouse dispute their partner getting wonderful exercise? It is good for the body AND soul. (ZAS)

No comments: