Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fall colors on the Karluk River


The weather was on the gloomy side for my float trip down the Karluk River.  Floating along down the river watching all the colors go by was incredible, but even at the time I was thinking - 'with this light the landscape is impossible to capture on my camera'.  I almost did not even try.  And I do think a few spotlights of sunlight would have brightened things up considerably for the camera.

But what I did not realize was how much the clouds added to the pictures.  I did not even notice them when I took the pictures!  Looking back I wish I had exposed a bit better for the clouds and incorporated them more in my compositions.  Funnily enough, the pictures that turned out the best were all 'accidents'! Patrick




No comments: