Search This Blog

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Snow Teaser


Friday morning we woke up to a blizzard and the forecast was for up to 8 inches of snow.  Also the storm was coming from the North and not off of the Gulf of Alaska which means it was expected to stay cold.  Things were definitely looking up.

I went skiing after work and took the photo above.  There was enough snow to go classic skiing in the woods! The kids got out of school early and sledded with friends for hours out on the lawn.  Nora even taught her friend Estella how to cross country ski.

And then it turned to rain and warmed up.  By Saturday we had no more snow on our lawn and it had all turned to slush near the golf course where I cross country ski.  I am seriously wondering if the turn of events has to do with the spider I killed during Stuey's horseback riding lesson on Thursday.  Did I curse us with rain?

Now it is Sunday and it has gotten cold again.  Tonight another snow storm is supposed to roll in from the North.  But this time I am trying to keep my excitement in check.  And all spiders are safe.
Patrick




No comments: