Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nora's 6th






Last weekend we celebrated Nora's 6th birthday...with a little family party on Friday night and a kid party saturday afternoon. Gone are the days where we can get away with just having a few of our own friends over for a laid back dinner and some cake. Nora is at the age now where she requested 1 or 2 games, and a hello kitty theme. So, I went for it. Many kids came over, there was some running around the house and Ella took Stuey to Safeway. As soon as the kids descended upon the house, Stuey turned into a nightmare...being all out unruly. So bless Ella's heart for removing him from the scene for the first 1/2 of the party to Safeway. Evidently he was an angel there--loving his 1:1 Auntie Ella time.

I've been so thrilled that I waited till Nora was 6 to start kindergarten. She is really ready for learning and isn't exhausted at the end of the day. She has been going to sleep much quicker since starting school, which is an indicator that she is a bit more tired, however.

Getting details about school out of Nora is an interesting process. If I say, "tell me about school today" she won't say much. Then at moments throughout the afternoon, she will come out with a random fact such as "there was a girl at lunch who only had chips and a fruit roll up for lunch. I felt bad for her because she didn't have anything to drink or a sandwich". Or she told me that the lady who teaches her music class played music at my wedding. Fun little kindergarten factoids.

Zoya



No comments: