Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Stuey's 3rd







We celebrated Stuey's 3rd birthday last night with grilled black cod, salad, rice, birthday cake and friends. Stuey loved being the birthday guy and relished in wearing his birthday hat for much of the evening (Julie, remember that?!!) :).

Nora had a little bit of a hard time with the attention on Stuey--she had a few tears but did fine. Last night during the party, Katie made a fort for Nora and Natalie and Nora insisted on sleeping in it last night. Patrick and I tried so hard to talk her out of it, but she really wanted to. So she slept in her fort under the dining room table all night with tons of blankets and was completely content. The weather was VERY windy last night (it woke patrick and I up several times) but she didn't come running back to the bedrooms at any time.

At several times during the evening, I said with glee, "I'm so glad I don't have a 2 year old anymore in the house---no more terrible 2's! Stuey's 3!!!" and Katie chimed in, "Its funny because I can't wait for Sawyer to turn 2!". Funny how each phase has its ups and downs. Not having any children under the age of two is a new thing for this household, however. And I think I like it!

Zoya

Photos:
Nora took the top one of Stuey and MJ. (I converted it to B&W).
Patrick, Katie and myself.
The group digs into the cake;
The Birthday boy;
The girls admire baby Sophie.

No comments: