Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Todd & Todd

(written on the plane)

I’m on the plane to Eugene and thus far, this trip has been much smoother than my last trip off the island. I’m trying to avoid watching the movie slum dog millionaire which is playing on a fellow passenger’s mini dvd player. Still a movie I haven’t seen and I’m looking forward to watching it with sound and being totally surprised by all of it.

The flight out of Kodiak was smooth as cream pie. We boarded the little “mini-plane”…the kind where the pilot serves as flight attendant and you can see the pilots in the cockpit and watch the landing. Very cool. One row of seats on each side-a prop type of plane. Flying into Anchorage was so smooth and everything was so white. Winter is still very much here, as much as I’d like to see some spring!

In the Anchorage airport I was standing in the light security line when I noticed a person who STRONGLY resembled Todd Palin come into line behind me (2 people behind). I remarked to the gentleman in front of me, “The gentleman in the back of the line looks like Todd Palin” and the man replied, “Yes, I think its him.”. He was dressed in a suit and was vigorously chewing gum More intense looking than I imagined him to be. Call me crazy, but I think its oh so fun to see celebrity people when travelling!I feel like that hardly ever happens to me.

Then as I’m standing in line buying water, I look over and there is my brother in law Todd and my sister Bonnie walking down the concourse! They were on their way to Fairbanks for a 2 day getaway. What a surprise. So I had the joy of catching up with them for a few minutes before I boarded the plane.

Zoya

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Wow-brushes with Alaskan royalty-so exciting!