Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Awesome Birthday Present






Today I turned 44 and got the best birthday present I can remember. Zoya watched the kids and I went skate skiing up Salonie Creek with Gregg, Adelia and Philip. And Zoya did not have an easy time. Nora has been in one of her whiney moods. So I truly appreciate what I was given. And what I was given was great.

The skate skiing was super fast, it was sunny and the wind was not bad at all - especially considering how windy it is in town right now. The road into the rifle range was a little sketchy - but once we got to the river bed it was all gravy. I did not mind the road or woods all that much - I find it exciting to avoid ruts and trees at MACH speed. You gotta have quick reaction times - more adrenaline than downhill skiing!

We got way up into the canyon - to where we could see the blue icicles. We debated whether crust cruising on Kodiak is better than skiing the groomed at Kincaid. To me that is a no brainer. It was all slightly downhill to the car - we flew. Guess where I prefer to ski. Patrick

No comments: