Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Patience, Patience, Patience.





Patience is a virtue. Especially with parenting in the Saltonstall household this past week.

Nora has had several down days where she has been grumpy & whiney. It gets exhausting after a while. She does the "Only you" routine and lays around not helping when getting ready in the morning. Patrick and I were somewhat stumped and wondering if it was a reflection of the fact that I travelled a lot recently and perhaps she was missing me? Then we get confused about when to insist she do something and when to give her attention. Its so hard to know what these little beings need. And what they're thinking. Are they trying to make our lives miserable? I have a hard time believing that. Something is awry in her mind and she wants to make it right. And often Patrick and I don't know how.

I called a good friend who recently made the choice to stay home with her kids. She informed me that her 3 year old was doing a very similar behavior and she was wondering if it was because she was home too much. And here I was worried Nora was doing it because I was gone too much. Go figure. Theres never an easy answer.

So my friend and I decided that we should keep being strong yet loving parents and our daughters will come around.

Today Stuey learned how to climb out of his crib. He is part rock climber with it. So as I write this, he toddles in and out of his bed room...testing Patrick and I. We have to transfer him to nora's bed and get her a twin bed on the floor soon here (like tomorrow). His crib days are over. In some ways I'm relieved, because I knew this was coming sooner than later. And this will make travel easier-not having to worry about him being contained in a crib.He and Nora can curl up and sleep any where! Yeah!

Zoya

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Hang in there, momma-you're doing such a great job! These tough years will pass!