Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

Stuey Pimp Daddy & Word of the Week



Stuey & Nora word of the week "Why?"
The "Why Mommy?"'s have hit us in full force here at the Saltonstalls. Nora just discovered the question last week and asks it quite a bit now. I'm not bummed-rather glad to see that she is asking questions about the world and wanting to know more. I definitely don't want to feed into it. It is annoying/ puzzling that she will ask "why" for something I just answered 5 seconds prior. (It is ok to find your own kids annoying at times, right?)

I respond, "Nora, remember what mommy just told you when you asked?" She often smiles and says yes then repeats part of what my answer was. I think that she asks almost reflexively without listening.

Stuey, on the other hand, asks why just because Nora is doing it, and doesn't really want or need a response. I think he just likes the process of learning a new word. He is turning into Mr. Babble. I'm eating up every moment of it.

Photos: Stuey with Nora's hat on that my Uncle Roger & Aunt Kathy sent. He has the "pimp-Stu-daddy" look going on!

Zoya

1 comment:

Coastieturtle said...

LOL I think the pic is super funny. But why?...just kidding...

S.