Search This Blog

Friday, January 09, 2009

Goings On Around Here




Today Kodiak is beautiful with a new mantle of 3-4 inches of new snow and bright sun. Often when it snows here it ends with a shot of rain to muck it up. But not this time - all powder. This afternoon while cross country skiing around Island Lake with Zoya I thought about taking some pictures, but, instead, I decided to enjoy the moment and forego fumbling for the camera. Snow on the spruce trees and low level light.

Kerry Felton, a friend of ours, had mounted a camera onto a remote control plane and had the camera flying all about, and he did get some pictures of Zoya and I skiing down below that he emailed to us. Pretty cool to see Island Lake from above - a totally new perspective. It's amazing to realize how close you are to the ocean.

Photos: Top: A photo of Zoya (right) and I (left) while skiing on Island Lake taken from Kerry's plane. Middle: Nora walking in from the truck last night during the 'blizzard'. I had just picked her up from her day at 'Miss Gara's'. The bottom photo is another panoramic from my new camera of our kitchen in the evening. I am still learning about all the things my new camera can do and am constantly taking random photos these days. But I like this one because it shows the family in winter hibernation mode, getting ready for dinner. Patrick

No comments: