Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Little Valentine

Its Valentines Day! And I"m still away from Patrick. :( But I have a little guy who will be my Valentine for the day here in Anchorage....he has a bit of dark hair, smiles in his sleep and just gets cuter by the day-his name is Stuey!!

Always good to start my day with time with Stuart! He looks good this morning and sounds like he ate several ounces several times throughout the night. His appetite is kicking in. I was glad he took a bottle from the nurses....saves me night trips to the NICU! I was able to sleep from 10-3, pump, then 3:30-5:15. Pretty darn good sleep!

Yesterday I was feeling pretty physically zonked by evening-I could feel a possible cold coming on. This is NOT a good time to get a cold. I'm not sure I'd even be allowed into the NICU with a cold. They have amazing health restrictions-no one admitted with cough, cold, runny nose, etc...Its good they are so strict. Before entering the unit we have to wash our hands for 2 minutes with a timer-from fingers to elbows. All visitors, employees, etc...
This morning I'm feeling better with no true cold symptoms. Thank heavens.

Spoke with the nurse practitioner, Ann,this morning who has been following Stuey upon his arrival. Sounds like they go slowly and let the baby take the lead with weaning from oxygen. She said its possible that he will go home with a bit of a higher respiratory rate than normal-but one of the final steps is for him to have decreased oxygen need. So it could be a few more days. As I told her, I want him to take his time, get totally better and I'm just so thrilled to be breastfeeding him. I think before I was breastfeeding him I was ancy for more/faster progress.He has been through a lot this past week-and may need a bit more to recouperate (sp?). I'm excited to see what today brings for him and I.

2 comments:

Coastieturtle said...

Zoya, glad to hear both of you are doing better. Everyone at work is thinking of you and Stuart....hope I get to see him soon.
Stefanie

Geesche said...

Zoya,
I've juste read that you've gotten a boy! My best congratulations!

Many greetings from Germany, Geesche