Search This Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Mother of 2

The dust is finally starting to settle from our transition last week. Phew! Nora makes huge gains every day with her tolerance for Stuart and is more and more interested in him. She is beginning to cruise around the house like she used to before-rather than focus on me and what I am doing with Stuart.

My energy has been fairly good...I go to bed at 9 pm and wake at 7 with Nora. With Stuart waking every few hours to feed, I am still able to get 7 hours of sleep or so, which feels great. Stuart only cries if he needs his diaper changed or if he is hungry-so I'm not up all hours at night, thank heavens.

Patrick said the other day that having 2 kids isn't quite as difficult as he expected it to be. That was reassuring to hear. People locally have been so wonerful with bringing dinners by and stopping in to hang out. Gosh I love Kodiak. The doctor who delivered Stuart, Dr. Walters, has followed his care-from his ER visit to his 2 week visit. She is just fantastic.

All in all, things are smooth. Just trying to keep my nose above water with drinking enough fluids, eating enough, getting general household stuff done and tending to the kids. There are moments which test my patience, but I seem to have vast amounts of patience which I never knew I had! Amazing how that happens. (ZAS)

No comments: