Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2007

Early trip to NICU-Stuey's night progress

Just returned from a 3 AM milk run to the NICU. Nurse ALexis called to report that she was almost out of pumped milk in the fridge. When I checked yesterday, there were several bags there....this meant that he has been eating like a champ all night!!

After arriving to Stuey's station with more milk, I saw him without any nasal cannula on! Yeah! No more oxygen!! He will have it off from here on out and the staff will see how he does for 12-24 hours. If it goes well, the nurse practitioner and Alexis said that I'll be able to "room in" with him tonight! He'd be off all monitors and he and I would have our own routine. The nurses would just make sure I am confident with his care (which of course, I am....). He also doesn't have an antibiotics site on his arm-thank heavens. Looked totally uncomfortable-so thats gone.

He was in a cute little striped outfit with the nasal cannula stickers still on his face. Alexis said they'll wait to remove those just to make sure he doesn't need more.

So at this rate we could be coming home this weekend! Yeah! I"ll see what each day brings, however. I have to remind myself that its not a race, we're not in a rush. Yes, I"m eager to get home and see my (WONDERFULLY SUPPORTIVE!!!) friends and Patrick and Nora but I want Stuey to be 100% healthy.

I can't wait to pick my little Stuey up with monitor lines, O2 lines, etc...It'll make diaper changing a breeze as well!!

OFf to get more zzzz'ss....

No comments: