Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Love

Today was a fun Valentines Day full of love and surprises! I have a soft spot for Valentines day--its one of my favorite holidays. 

I started the day off early at 6 am making the kids heart shaped waffles for breakfast. (It was my ONE Martha Stewart moment of the year.)

 No, I don't have a heart shaped waffle iron...just got creative with the dough. I think the kids appreciated it....waking up to the smell of waffles for breakfast. 

Last night I stayed up for a bit making valentines for my co-workers at my Coast Guard Base job. I made different cards for the different departments at the clinic and started all of the same with "Roses are Red..." and finished them all with  From ? ... 
I arrived a few minutes earlier this morning to drop them off, which was a fun way to start the day. 

The best surprise of the day was from my co-worker, Shawna, at the base clinic. For Valentines Day I brought her a bottle of Chia seed Kombucha with a handmade card. She walked in this morning and looked quite surprised as she handed me a bottle of Chia seed Kombucha as a Valentines gifit as well! We got a good laugh out of that one. We gave eachother the same gift. We have the same taste in things, evidently!

I looked forward to picking the kids up after school and seeing their Valentines Day Love energy. They came flying out of the building with their bags of candy and cards. 

This morning Stuey so sweetly said, "Mom, will you be my Valentine?"

Patrick spoiled me with the best home made card ever, flowers and a bar of sea salt chocolate. yum, yum, yum....

I (Heart) valentines Day!

Zoya




Shawna and I with our Chia Seed Kombucha gifts to eachother!

No comments: