Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Girl Scout Camping!

Last night I took my girl scout troop on our first ever camping trip! I was excited~and nervous~wanting it to go well. 

The weather was stunning, in the 60's. The scouts were amazing....so thoughtful, energetic. We had a blast cooking around the fire, singing campfire songs...complete with giggling at bedtime until 10:30. 

I couldn't have been happier. 
For two years I've waited for this moment-my first girl scout camping trip. We're already planning up future camping trips... :)


Songs around the campfire. Leila led with her blue ukulele! 


The adults...Jen, Leila, myself, Erica and Roxann

snug as bugs in rugs!

Checking out the camp schedule

circle time the next morning

wildflower hike in the morning


My scout, Emma, who is moving next week. I'll miss her. 

Nora and I :)

Leila~girl scout extraordinaire! :)

1 comment:

Andrea Wilkins said...

It looks absolutely beautiful there, the lake looks so calm and peaceful. You brought back so many memories of when my kids were little and we used to camp with them all the time- we've upgraded to a motor home since, but it just isn't quite the same. A calor gas cooker can't match an open fire to cook on!

Andrea Wilkins @ Get Away Outdoors