Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Winter at Last



Here on Kodiak it has finally gotten cold. The lakes have frozen over and there is good cross country skiing. Is it a coincidence that we got the cold and snow the very weekend of the Tour Of Anchorage? Now that I don't need snow to train on we got it? Still, I'm not complaining - better late than never. The really good thing is that the cold will probably kill the slugs in my garden, and it does not look like I'll have to mow my lawn in March.

Yesterday after work I slapped some extra blue wax onto my old wood Bonnas (brand of XC ski) and took a tour through the woods in Swampy Acres. It's the first time in what seems like forever that I did not have to go to the golf course or pass to go skiing. Today I think I'll do it again. Happy Times are here again. Patrick

No comments: