Search This Blog

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Facebook vs. Blog?




FACEBOOK VS BLOG?
Patrick has been worried that I have been paying more attention to my Facebook account over our blog. It is not the case. I reassured him tonight that I haven't updated our blog simply because I've been busy. This next week I start accepting clients at my business for Physical Therapy and there are so many things to do before opening day. My to-do list always seems to be 15-20 items long. It is an exciting time--and I can't wait to start seeing clients in my own PT business! Needless to say, when my work duties pick up, it is hard for me to squeeze in my 'recreational' writing. Patrick fell asleep early, tired from his hunt-so he will be pleasantly surprised when he reads this tomorrow!

5K WALK-
Today the local radio station, KMXT hosted their 2nd annual "Run the Rock" marathon, half-marathon, 5 K run. I walked it with Karen Millstein. It was fun to catch up with her and it was a PERFECT day for a walk out Anton Larson Road near the golf course. The leaves are falling from the tress (yes, we have a few deciduous trees in Kodiak), air was cool and there was very little breeze. Winter is on its way and I"m glad! Afterwards there was hamburgers, chips and lots of people hanging out at the Golf Course Clubhouse. Good times were had with moms/dads doing the 5K walk with kids in jogging strollers. I think moms who do that are so brave. Am I a loser for not packing up Stuey and Nora and bringing them out there? I rather enjoy the walk and think that much of the walk would be doing "disaster management" trying to keep one or the other from crying. That said, I was in awe of the moms and dads who brought their little ones out and did the 5K trek with the strollers. So cool. Dedicated parents and I didn't hear much in the way of screaming from the kids...

DANCE
Nora has attended 3 dance classes and really isn't into it yet. I''ll try for a week or two more, then reconsider taking her. She had a ball the first time but since then is quite timid and just sits on my lap. She'll occasionally join part of the class but she really isn't into it. And I don't want to pressure her. I"m happy that she attends on my lap and wonder if she'll come around to enjoying it more. Who knows. Time will tell.
Molly, her instructor, is just WONDERFUL about attending to her occasionally on the side of the room and inviting her to join. Very thoughtful and good timing. I'm appreciative of that.
I was talking to my friend Alexis about it, and expressed that after a while I don't feel like expending the extra energy to try to make her enjoy something she really isn't enjoying. Sure, I'd love it if she like dance class, but it may not be her cup of tea right now and we could always try back in a few months.

WEDDING
I attended the wedding of my new friends, Shannon and Dustin, on Friday. Dustin and Shannon recently moved to Kodiak and they got married at Fort Abercrombie on a beautiful, crisp October day. Just gorgeous. I only got a few pictures of Shannon, as I was with Stuey and couldn't be the shutterbug that I normally am! There were 20 people or so in attendance and it was a simple, classy, small ceremony and reception at the picnic area at Fort Abercrombie. So fun. 2 weddings in one week!!

Zoya

PHOTOS

Top: This morning, Stuey, Nora and I cuddled on the couch. Patrick snapped this photo while Stuey played with the landline phone and Nora played with my cell phone. Amazing how much they love phones!

Middle: Shannon walking down the stairs in preparation for her wedding. I had the joy of picking her up at her house and taking her to Fort Abercrombie! How fun it was!

Bottom: Shannon holding Stuey. Stuey thinks the world of Shannon. He always sends her big smiles when he sees her! Shannon even picked him up in her wedding dress! So sweet!

No comments: