Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Closure on the needle saga

Last Thursday I saw the needle that was removed from Stuey's leg. The risk management ladies in Anchorage met with me and had the needle there as well as sample immunization needles handy. I was able to closely look at the needle and see that it wasn't hollow,it was too long to be an immunization needle AND it wasn't flexible enough to be an immunization needle. I bent it and bent the immunization needles and there was a whole different feel.
We'll never know how the needle got inside him. It will forever be a mystery. But my investment of time and energy into finding out is done. I am glad the needle is out, I am glad that Providence Risk Management was so helpful with the whole situation. I am glad that I got the chance to take a closer look at the needle and know for myself that it wasn't used in his immunizations. It will be one of lifes wild mysteries--the needle in Stuey's leg. I asked if I could take the needle home---they said they had to keep it there at Providence. For years-I believe. They offered to take a picture of it for the baby book (which really doesn't exist for Stuey) but I declined. The x-ray is exciting enough.

Zoya

1 comment:

My Little Family: said...

They let you take your gall stones, why not hte needle? Perhaps that is for their own risk management. Interesting question, when a hospital removes something from your body, does it become their property?

vickie