Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

New Potatoes!

Tonight's new red potatoes - I'm going to boil them and add butter and parsley

Last year at a family function I was talking gardening with a cousin and mentioned how my red potatoes always ended up all scabby and ugly.  He told me that that's because they are meant to be eaten early - red potatoes are early potatoes. 

So this year I planted just one bed of red potatoes and plan to harvest them all by the end of August.  They started to bloom a few weeks ago, and then tonight I dug up the first plant.  They're ready!  So part of tonight's meal is boiled new potatoes with butter and parsley.

Last night's beets before I roasted them

Ohmmm wait a second. .... .. I guess I better not back up

Forkie by the road reminds that it is getting close to hunting season!

No comments: