Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2015

Spotlight


As I posted earlier this week, the snow conditions on Pyramid were excellent on Monday. So when I left work under sunny skies on Tuesday I was looking forward to another excellent daily ski run.  As it turns out I learned that just as it is sometimes awesome when you expected the worst so it can end up terrible when you expected the best.  Tuesday was not good skiing.

By the time I started up the mountain the clouds were socking in and the winds picking up.  All the powder had turned to slush lower down and to windpack up high - no more powder to be found.  And it was super windy.  At one point it blew me up hill.

Nonetheless, I was rewarded by a momentary break in the clouds when I got to the top.  It was like a spotlight breaking through the clouds to shine on me.  Patrick


No comments: