Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Seattle Trip



After a whirlwind of a week last weekend, and a day of seeing physical therapy clients, I am off to Seattle for a course.

In years past when I take classes in Seattle or Portland, I fly in the night before the class, take the class and promptly fly out. This year I decided to take a day of enjoying the city. My girlfriend, Marias, from Petaluma is going to fly up tomorrow. I haven't seen her in 4 years since she and her family moved from Kodiak with the Coast Guard. And today I'm going to see my girlfriend Pauline who recently had a baby girl.

Last night during my layover in Anchorage, my mom picked me up and we went to Spenard Roadhouse for dinner. I couldn't resist posting a picture of the veggie appetizer I got....mainly because we cook a similar dish at home. It was deep fried beet chips, deep fried brussel sprouts and lightly sautéed kale with garlic. The brussel sprouts were amazing and flaked apart in a crispy fashion. Its the best brussel sprout recipe my taste buds have ever experienced. Just goes to show that anything deep fried can be good!

Landing in Anchorage last night was spectacular. The ocean was flat calm and the mountains reflected the evening light over the Cook Inlet water and ice bergs.

Zoya

1 comment:

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

In the picture from the plane you can see where we finished our race at Kincaid Park. That's the last awful climb there in the foreground! Patrick