Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Back to Crust Skiing




After bragging about overtaking Anchorage in the snow department Karma caught up with me. I just have to wonder, would it have rained for a week straight if I had not bragged on the blog? In any case, what's done is done and now we are back to a hard crust after a month of glorious powder.

Still, it is not all bad. Now I can go crust cruising on my skate skiis. These are some photos that I took today while cruising the flats above Buskin Lake. We still have 2 or 3 feet of snow up there (much more than in town). And it is so deep that I can even ski through alder thickets that are usually impassible. I had fun dodging through the alders at high speeds - I would have to react really quickly to each upcoming trunk, and there was really no planning ahead. It was hink and jink this way and that looking for holes, and I only wiped out twice! Patrick

No comments: