Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Exploring on Bikes





Lately the kids have been REALLY into their bikes. At first it was just loops around our yard and driveway, but the last few days I have been biking along with them on 'mommy's bike'. It is actually my old Schwinn mountain bike but due to Zoya's eco challenge training they equate the bike with her. I go slow and they follow me around. We walk our bikes down the hill and go exploring down to the end of cliffside. Nora has gotten good at using her breaks to slow down going down hills, and they are now able to negotiate their bikes through some tight turns. It is good mountain bike training. For some reason, they are very adamant about their helmets. This is a good thing, but it is funny because when I was a kid no one wore helmets. I have a hard time putting on a helmet.
Patrick

No comments: