Search This Blog

Friday, January 01, 2010

Noya & Stuey's Decade




It's not the dawning of the Age of Aquirius or anything, but it is the decade that Stuey and Nora will remember as their decade - much like I remember the 1970s. Everybody has their decade - think of the TV series 'The Wonder Years' or the movie 'A Christmas Story'. It's the decade where you become you, and for the rest of your life you sort of define everything against it. I remember disco, Watergate, the end of the vietnam war, Patty Hearst - even hippies, AM radio and womens lib. Now Stuey and Nora will have their decade. I wonder what events and trends they will think back on in 30 years?

Anyhow, this is what I was thinking about when I watched the sunrise over Mill Bay this morning. Nora even took her own picture of the sunrise. Let's hope the bright colors portend great things for the decade ahead.

The bottom two photos I took while climbing Pyramid mountain yesterday. I can't resist a good 'A Balanced Approach' tree (check out and compare with the logo for Zoya's business). And the other photo is of Sheratin Mountain glowing in the last sunrise of the 000's decade. Patrick

No comments: