Search This Blog

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Obama Party






Last night we co-hosted a Barack Obama Inauguration Party with Cid and Fritz-what a fun time it was!

At 6:00, an hour before the party, I was feeling less than festive, as we had kids who were starting to melt down and I was nervous about brining them over to Hannah's house for half the night...not sure how it would go over. While Patrick took the kids to her house Cid, Fritz and I decorated which got me in the spirit. Cid brought posters that her middle school students made supporting Obama during the election time.

With the posters, some streamers and balloons, the place really got the Inauguration party feel. I sipped on a light drink, turned the music on and Katie Oliver arrived with the slideshow of photos from her trip to the Inauguration. I started to feel the energy of the evening--and the excitment was in the air.

Cid and Fritz are fun people to host an event with, as they are so enthusiastic and full of good ideas. Plus, Cid really helped spread the word about the party-and I believe there were close to 60 people in attendance-many of whom I didn't know!

Every 15 or 20 minutes, people gave toasts to the election, Obama, etc...which was fun to hear what the Inauguration meant to different people.

I went to pick the kids up after the last guest left-1:00AM and Nora and Stuey were sound asleep on the Kaplans couch. Dave helped take them out to the car and they went right back to sleep in their cribs upon arriving home. Phew! It worked out so well.


Zoya

Photos:
Cid and Toby with Obama family finger puppets...the pink puppet is the Obama families dog! :) Katie brought them back from DC.

1 comment:

The North Sister said...

So sad to have missed it! I went to an Obama Ball. That was fun, but I would rather have been with y'all. XO