Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Day






NEW DAY
This morning was quite a day in American history-watching Barack Obama become inaugurated as the 44th president. I went over to Alexis J's house with Nora to watch the occasion on TV. We don't have TV here and Patrick didn't seem interested in watching it on our computer here at the house. (it almost seems that the more hyped up a political event becomes, the less interested he is in it...)
So Nora and I made a stop for donuts at Safeway then trekked over to Alexis' at 7:15 AM. The thing that struck me was the sense of relief to truly have George Bush out of the presidency--the past several years have been so rough with Bush and it seemed like he was in office FOREVER. I know the expectations for Obama are very high, which isn't really fair, as he is coming into the position when the economy is at a big low.

I am just glad that we have someone in the presidency who is hard working, compassionate, intelligent and of a strong character. And what changes he will evoke has yet to be seen. I know that the energy behind his speech--of Americans working hard---is contagious. And he seems to know and understand the hardships that the American people undergo. Just that empathy alone goes a long way with citizens of the US.


POWERHOUSE?

Nora is still in the thick of the WHY's.

This morning, I said, "I have to go to work, Nora."
Nora replied, "WHY?"
"Because I have to make money"
She questioned again, "WHY?"
"So I can put food on the table" I responded.
"POWERHOUSE, MAMMA?" She asked with a smile and didn't seem to mind me going off to work.

PIctures are from a leisurely weekend....
Stuey and Nora love putting babies (and alligators, evidently) to bed. They use the dishtowels as blankets!
Panoramic of Sunday's wonderfully lazy weekend.

3 comments:

Coastieturtle said...

Cute, cute, cute photos as usual. How is your clinic growing?

S.

My Little Family: said...

I;m with Patrick - the more hyper the les interested I am. I wa sick of the inauguraiton days before it happened.

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

I worry it needlessly raises expectations way too high. In other words it may do Obama harm in the long run. Patrick