Search This Blog

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Nora-isms and Weekend thoughts




Nora's language is coming along and she has a lot of Nora-isms that she is teaching Stuey. Stuey is learning the Nora dialect of English!

For instance, Nora says "Gulk" for milk. Now Stuey says "Gulk" for milk.

Nora recently believes that any good deed of behavior should be rewarded with a sticker. About a month or 2 ago, I had a small sticker sheet on the fridge and if she did something extra helpful, I let her pick out a sticker for the page. Now if I do something like change Stuey's clothes or make breakfast, Nora says, "You get sticker, Mommy?" or "Daddy gets sticker." I laugh and say, "noooo...i don't get a sticker." We have fun with it.

The kids are really beginning to play together well. Patrick and I are starting to see the beginnings of lengths of time where they occupy themselves. Phew! The other day we went to Christina and Jason's house for dinner and the kids did wonderfully, playing with Gavins trucks and toys. It was fun for Christina and I to catch up and for Jason and Patrick to catch up as the kids ran around the house playing.

Recently Patrick and I have been watching movies in the evening after the kids are in bed. We pull the couch up to the computer in the kitchen. Winter is definitely the time to watch movies, as it is dark outside and perfect for such an activity. Last night we watched the Incredible Hulk, which I really enjoyed. Our friend Amy M. recommended it last summer- and I remember her saying that it was good but the ending was somewhat lame. Patrick & I completely agreed. I've always liked the hulk story, as a kid I remember watching the Incredible Hulk TV show and was just fascinated/scared by it. Edward Norton was a good hulk in this version of it.

Yesterday my office manager, Erin, started at A Balanced Approach and I"m just so thrilled. She will work 12-15 hours a week and she is so thoughtful, organized, efficient....the list goes on. I really enjoy working with her. From here on out, my clinic time will be spent more on patient care emphasis and less time to office management type tasks. Her insight on PT clinic set up is so valued and appreciated. 2009 is off to a good start.

Zoya

Photos,

Stuey and Nora clear out their toy cabinet and fabricate bunk beds out of the shelf. Pretty fun. Nora loves playing pretend bed time.

1 comment:

kodiakgriff said...

Ah yes, the reward of stickers. a fine practice started by our elementary teachers.
One of my daughters took this to a new plateau. She gives our flower "tattoos", for good work. The result is the same, but in a family that is prone to body art, it gives flower a sense of belonging.
This summer my granddaughter compared her tattoos to mine. I explained to her that my ink did not wash of, nor did mommy's.
It did not take away the special feeling she had whenever she earned her new, paste on tattoo.
She would show them with pride to anyone that asked if she was being "a good girl".
In retrospect, I must admit, that I was was not always the perfect role model, but my children and theirs are wonderful.
That far outweighs anything else.
Peace