Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ski Season Begins!


Yesterday I climbed up Pyramid with my skiis for the first time in 3 1/2 months. Today, after work, I climbed up again. That's two days in a row on snow, and I intend to ski again tomorrow. Ski season has begun - I'm back in the saddle again.

It's not the greatest skiing in the world, but, hey, at least it's skiing. I have a run that is only about 400 vertical feet, but the base is pretty good and I have not hit a rock yet. Today there was some fluffy wind blown powder on top to blow through in my skiis, and I even noted that two wind slabs had slid. Mini Avalanches! So winter has begun. It'll only get better from here on out.

In two days Zoya, me and the kiddos are off to Maine. This means that it'll snow like crazy in three days time. Just a prediction. I am actually looking forward to Maine - I'll get to drive on a freeway, walk through a deciduous forest, and see family. I doubt I'll ski much. Patrick

No comments: