Search This Blog

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Missing Library Books

Right now it feels like I"m the only one on earth who has ever lost a library book.

Two library books are missing and I'm horribly bummed about it. I SO DREAD having to go in tomorrow to tell them we can't find them.
I'm hoping there was a library computer error and when I go in, the library people will say, "Oh, we found those two books. No problems at all!". But, that probably won't happen.
We are good about keeping our library books in a certain canvas bag, so they don't get mixed up amongst our other books. Our house is relatively neat (hold your comments, Ella) and not terribly disheveled...I like to think there is a tiny bit of order where things go.... So when the librarian said that two were missing, I was quite surprised. That said, I figured we'd find them right away on a shelf at home.

A week and several thorough searches later, they are no where to be found. The only that we found were some MAJOR dust bunnies under beds/couches and odd small plastic objects in the couches. I know that someday the books will turn up, because the they never left the house. But they probably won't turn up before the Tuesday May 6th due date.

My friend Marias said, "Zoya, don't let this get you so down that you don't take Nora to the library anymore to get more books. It is such a good experience for her." I agree with Marias and after discussing it with her, I realized that from now on Patrick and I will have to be even more diligent with keeping tabs of the books in the canvas bag.

Zoya

3 comments:

My Little Family: said...

Zoya, just so you know....I've commented to myself, when I look at your blog, that your house always looks neat in your photos. This is especially impressive knowing you have two little ones to run after.

BTW - look in the CAR for the books. Honestly, everytime we have lost a library book or a rental video, it has turned up in the car and usually hidden safely under the seat.

Vickie

Vickie

My Little Family: said...

Patrick - I made two of those fish quilts. Yours is the nicer one :) but I don't have a large enough photo of it to use on the blog.

Zoya - I'm glad you are enjoying the heart quilt. It is paper pieced. In fact, the easiest paper piecing I've ever done. Jenny must have donated it because when I left it was hanging by her sewing machine. I had to raid her stash of scrap fabric to get some of those bright fabrics.

Vickie

Mary said...

As I was packing out the house last week, I found the Kodiak Public Library's copy of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. What makes it funnier is that we've never seen this movie, but Megan decided to hide it in her backpack one day and steal it from the library. I can only imagine how long we've had this movie for. *sigh* The could build a new wing onto the library with all the late fees I've had to pay for disappearing books.