Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2008

From the Top




With Chase in town I have been skiing runs I had not done in years. Yesterday we skiid off the very top of Pyramid. I found myself booting it up half way up the front face wondering what exactly I was trying to prove. It got worse as I contemplated the way down knowing there are cliff bands and rocks below but not able to see any of the run below because it is so steep. It felt like jumping off of a cliff. Huge rush of adrenaline when I went over the edge and a surge of relief when I completed the run safely. It felt good to break up the normal routine and do something different. I definetly broke out of a rut on that run!

Photos: top 2 photos - Chase on the face of Pyramid heading into the south bowl. Bottom - Chase admiring his handy-work, looking back at the run.

No comments: