Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dumbo Ride!





Today MJ and I took the kids down to Crab Festival. Nora was in sensory overload- her jaw dropped open wide and eyes were big as we walked by the booths and rides.

I was excited for Nora to go on her first carnival ride. The one that looked the best for her was the dumbo elephant ride where the dumbos go up and down and around in a big circle. It was filled with joy that Nora was totally up for the adventure of the ride and didn't show any hesitation in marching up the steps to the other ride. She saw the other kids and was curious.
I walked Nora to her Dumbo car and helped her get strapped in. I was surprised that the straps weren't more substantial. I just thought of Little Nora sliding out mid ride and wanting to climb out. I put those fears to rest after talking more to the guy who ran the ride.

Me: So this is her first ride.
Carnival Ride Guy: Oh, really? She hasn't even been on those little rides in the grocery stores?
Me: No, they don't have those here. (Or if there are rides like that here, I haven't taken her on them).
Carnival Ride Guy: Oh she'll be fine.
Me: Will you stop the ride if she starts crying?
Carnival Ride Guy: Oh Sure.

The kids were all in their places and the ride began. I stood there in amazement as Nora went around and around and was happy. She had a smile on her face for a lot of the ride. She held on to the little handles in front of her and really liked it when the Dumbo went up and down. I had way more fun than I ever imagined. After her one ride, she climbed back into the stroller and Mary Jane and her enjoyed a banana fritter.

Gotta love Crab Fest!

Zoya

No comments: