Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

They're Off!





This morning Nora, Stuey and myself dropped the crew off to the float plane dock for their survey of Karluk Lake. They'll be gone 10 days and the weather forecast for the forseeable future is gorgeous. Nora and Stuey were both in their jammies as we watched Patrick et al weigh their gear (and themselves). They barely made the 1250 pound cut off. Close one. I think they made it by 10 pounds. As I write this a float plane flies overhead and Nora says, "Bye Daddy!".

Last night Mike, Roxann and Cecilia came over for a farewell-to-the-Karluk-crew feast. We shucked some King Crab, Grilled Elk Roast (or was it deer? I really can't keep track...all I know is it tasted good), Brownies, fruit salad and roasted broccoli. Just yummy and fun. The air was a crisp 50 but we sat outside for the meal and the kids crawled around on the lawn.

Now 10 days to clean, organize and catch up on various projects. Patrick said he will call in the next few days via satellite phone to touch base. It was a good send off this morning.

Zoya

Photo:
Top: From Left: Chase, Roxann, Zoya, Patrick, Mark, Mike...in front MJ and Rose.

Middle: Stuey checking the scene out via the doggy door before making his arrival for dinner.

Bottom: Everyone eating.

1 comment:

My Little Family: said...

Looks like a good time! I wish them a safe trip. I miss fresh crab :( Vickie