Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Stu Feeding Time




Stuart began solids a week or so ago and he definitely puckers and spits out a lot of the rice cereal and canned baby carrots. Last night, however, I tried canned baby bananas and he seemed to take to those better! And boy are those yummy. I had a little taste of it, then I had to hold myself back from not having more of them. Its just bananas in a jar, no sugar or anything but it was so sweet and smooth. I never thought I'd hear myself say that canned baby bananas are good, but they really are!!!

There is a bit of a dilema over the wooden high chair. All of a sudden since Stuey is using it, Nora wants to use it as well. Sigh. And telling Nora, "oh thats the baby chair, thats just for babies" doesn't mean anything to her. I think left to her own devices she would love to do all things baby!! Yesterday when I was getting her into the car she climbed into Stueys rear facing car seat. And didn't want to get out. Telling her that she has her own big kid car seat doesn't make an ounce of difference.

Yesterday at the post office I took Nora in to get the mail and there was a couple minute wait for our package. As we waited, nora kept wandering away. I had to guide her closer to me. When it was time to go, she laid down on the floor in protest crying. Classic post office scene. I just smiled and laughed somewhat as I 'kid wranged' her under my arm and out the door. One of those classic moments any parent knows.

The photo on the bottom is of Mark Rusk, the archaeologist who is here for 5 weeks for the dig, and Chase tingle, who is a college student from New Hampshire. He drove out here from New Hampshire for the dig! Ambitious and adventerous. He left on the ferry several days ago and is heading back out east.

No comments: