Search This Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Kid times




This past week has been an exciting one-between me going for training to be a breastfeeding peer counselor, Nora's speech therapy, a trip to the ER for me for Mastitis, and houseguests....never a dull moment. The past several nights I went to bed early for 9-10 hours of MUCH needed sleep. The sleep seems to have recharged my batteries. Thank heavens.

Now all is quiet. Patrick didn't go hunting this morning-he reads the latest Harry Potter at the moment. Nora continues to sleep and Stuey makes cute baby coos on the floor. And he flashes me big smiles. Such a smiley guy, I tell ya. When I had to go to the ER at midnight several nights ago, I brought him along. He just flashed smiles to everyone around. He made me smile and laugh as well. He didn't seem to mind the midnight outing one bit!!

Nora is finding her groove with her speech more and more every day. Lots more babbling and imitating of words going on. It is so fun to listen to! Her confidence is growing. If I knw it is a cracker she wants, I say, " say ccccrrrrrraaaaacccckkkkeeeerrrr". The Then she may say, "Craaaaa" and I praise her and give her the cracker. The speech therapist discovered that if we draw the word out she can grab on to part of the word. It really seems to work!

Another thing with Nora is she will drink any fluid (including essential milk!!) if it is in a shot glass. Its just a perfect size for her!! She can grab it with one hand. Only problem is that we have to refill it several times. Pretty funny, actually!

Zoya