Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Bye Bye Facebook....


Last weekend I de-activated my Facebook account. I thought about all the little minutes here and there that were spent on facebook that could be better spent on other things like letter writing (which I have always loved and haven't made as much time for it lately), quilting, e-mailing, cooking, and blogging. My involvement in our blog has been less so over the past year and I want to get into posting more again, as I really enjoy it.

For the communication factor with people, I've decided that if someone really wants to get ahold of me, its not that hard to pick up a phone and call, or send an e-mail. yes, facebook is convenient for communication purposes, but I need the technology break from it for a while. It just seemed to be amounting to wasted time.

After signing off, I sent an e-mail to some friends letting them know I signed off. One of them replied back the next day "i did it too!".

Zoya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zoya-

I did that almost 6 months ago, and let me tell you how liberating it is. Your right on, the important bits of life are communicated directly between two people, not via a community forum.