Search This Blog

Monday, February 04, 2008

Food Adventures

1 month down of 2 NEW recipes a week and I've managed to keep up.
Last night Patrick said, "Yeah, its actually not as hard as I thought it was going to be. (making new recipes)" He has gotten into it as well-in fact a week ago he made home made corned elk and it was SO yummy. He took a big elk roast, put it in a bag with various spices and salt, let it sit in the fridge for 5 or 6 days. Then we boiled it on the stove, added some carrots and cabbage and ta-da! Yummy Corned elk. (The only mistake I made was not washing the salt off before cooking it, so it was a tad bit salty but next time we won't make that mistake...)

Some of the other new recipes involve the breadmaker. I got a new breadmaker recipe book which has fabulous tried and true recipes. I'm much more apt to make sandwiches for lunch with fresh bread so I'm making a serious effort to keep some fresh bread on the counter. Its ridiculously easy-putting the ingredients in, hitting on and 4 hours later there is a fresh loaf of bread. It ALMOST seems like cheating. But its fair. Afterall, it does take some thought, recipe and ingredient collection...and manipulating the machine...

So many recipes, so little time...trying all these new recipes has been so fun. I'm finding my food groove once again. Cooking is such a big hobby for me and its fun to put the apron on, sip on a glass of wine, chop the veggies......

Zoya

No comments: