Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Springtime in Kodiak

In the middle foreground is the plateau where I have been skate skiing for the last few days

It's my favorite time of year.  After rising above the land on the other side of the bay all winter the sun is finally starting to rise out of the ocean in front of our house.  By mid summer it will be rising out of the trees on the northwest side of the bay.  The days are getting longer.  The crocuses are blooming.  And best of all the skiing is great.

We've had a long run of cold sunny weather and I have been skiing every day after work.  Today I realized that I have gone for a ski every day for 4 straight weeks!  I am beginning to get a little tired.  Maybe a rain/snow day would not be such a bad thing?  Patrick


Still coming up over Spruce Cape, but just barely.  By next week it'll be rising out of the ocean further to the left.

Skate ski tracks at my own personal terrain park

No comments: