Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2014

sick

I just spent the last 2 days in bed sick, and I have not been that sick for a long time.  I had flashbacks to times when I was sick as a child - to that 'Alice and Wonderland' world where everything is either too big, too small, too hot or too cold.  For hours at a time I half dreamed vivid scenarios where I would try and get everything just so in my head - only a few hours later all my earlier thoughts made no sense.  I also had a REALLY bad sore throat and cough.  Kudos to Zoya for putting up with me.

It wasn't all bad.  I did sort of come to life for a few hours at a time and read books.  The dogs kept me company on the bed and the sun shined in the window.  Our bed has a view out over the ocean - not a bad place to be stuck.

Today I feel much better. No more sore throat or wild dreams.  Right now I think I am feeling more the after effects of being in bed too long than the cold.  It's time to return to day-today life.  And let's hope no one else catches my cold.  Patrick


No comments: