Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Summertime




Ahhh....finally some summertime weather yesterday. Sun was shining, temperatures in the 50's and everyone was in a good mood to not have rain.

...Except for Stuey. He has had a hard few days. Daycare isn't going so hot for him. Either teething is a major problem, or he is such a mamas boy that he has to be in my arms all the time. The past 4-5 days he has been crying a LOT and nursing lots. I can't figure out what is wrong. It is disconcerning. His molars are poking through so I'm hoping that is the problem. I miss my smiley guy.

Last night Nora was up until 11 PM. This has happened a couple of nights in a row. We put Stuey down to bed at 7:30 and Nora refused to go to sleep. She wanted to read books, walk in and out of her bedroom. Stuey slept through it all, thankfully. FInally after many attempts on Patrick's part to help her wind down, he got her to sleep at 11. My theory is we need to get her more physically tired. Today I'm going to take her to the beach-have her walk there. And have her spend some good time on the lawn. If she is physically tired, she'll go right to sleep. I hope.

Zoya

Photos:

Nora and Grace playing in the toddler house in our yard yesterday afternoon.
Nora and Stuey playing airplane. Nora likes pretending to buckle Stuey in, and they both say, "Up, Up, Up..."

2 comments:

My Little Family: said...

Zoya, I've always been a bit of a nite owl. Even in childhood. My 15 years in Alaska exaggerated that tendancy because of the long days of summer. I didn't want to go to bed. I had to tire myself out. It's not that i can't sleep with light, because I can, I just didn't want to sleep when it was light out - I wanted to do stuff. Vickie

The Spin Studio said...

No light where that girl sleeps! That's why I covered the skylight with duct tape and tin foil. She's just all get up go, go go... .... patrick