Search This Blog

Friday, July 06, 2007

Teletubbies Tele Time




Ahhh...never a dull moment here at the Saltonstalls.

I am temporarily "giving up" on getting Stuey to sleep in his play pen at night. Perhaps I"ll muster up energy to try again in a few days. As my friend Erin reminded me tonight (see photo of her with Stuey), Stuart may not be ready for it quite yet. So in the meantime, hes in bed with us, and happy about it.
Actually, I'm not bummed about it. He is this small only once and what a joy to have him right next to us, just a little whimper or squirm away. He is quite cute in the middle of the night if he needs a diaper change or feeding-he just squirms and wiggles till he gets my attention. He doesn't even have to let out a cry to get my attention. In the grand scheme of things, what is another month or two of him in our bed?

Nora rather enjoys Teletubbies every once in a while. We got it on DVD before the Maine trip, but she was too young for it at that time. It is a rather bizarre program, but interesting how things are from a baby perspective. Seems slightly psychodelic, Patrick notes. It grabs Noras attention like no other video. Well, theres that video and an annoying Elmo video as her options, so its no wonder she chooses teletubbies over Elmos grating voice. Patrick admitted the other day that he put the DVD in, thought it was playing only to realize 20 minutes later that the "Menu" screen was on repeating itself over and over. And Nora was entranced with that. Hmmmm.... We really don't plant in her in front of the TV very often. Perhaps every other day. I'm glad we don't have the tv on much at all around here-especially since its summer. No Apprentice or other reality TV for me to watch.

Patrick and I went to 3/4 of the movie Ratatoulle last night-what a great flick! We had to leave before the end-Stuey called us on the cell phone. Needed us home ASAP (I could hear the screams in the background).
When Linguine (the main character-a human) talks to the rat, the rat shakes his head "yes" or "no" as communication-he can't speak back to Linguine. Reminds us of our daily communication with Nora. Still only "yes", "no" head shakes. But some speech therapy should take care of that soon.
I know that once she starts talking, Patrick and I will ask "Why were we in a rush for this?".

Zoya

No comments: