Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Evening Parenting


Seems like the bright Midnight Sun in Alaska is getting the best of us and our kids. Nora has been more difficult to put to bed recently, as well as Stuey. From 8-10:30 PM its intermittent cry time between the two kiddos. We put them down, they wake up, we go back in because we don't want them waking up the other one. Its that cycle for a good couple of hours.

Ahhh...the baby years. Tonight my friend Carrie and I were discussing how if kids were born sleeping through the night, we'd be more apt to have even more kids. Some peoples kids do sleep through the night immediately. The babies must have an incredibly mellow disposition OR there is some serious crying it out going on. Not my parenting style to let Stuey cry for hours on end. :(


I'm ready for some darkness again, I must say. I NEVER THOUGHT I"D HEAR MYSELF SAY THAT!!! We even have black out shades in the nursery, but light peeks through and the fireworks continue to explode away on Mill Bay beach.

Zoya

1 comment:

mpfeffer said...

I've heard that they make little baby eye masks for bed time. Hmmmm...newest, greatest invention of the 20th century??