Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Garden Still Kicking


Kodiak's non-winter does have some benefits.  It's almost Christmas and the garden is still going strong! The kale is still growing and producing better than it has all year.  The parsley is alive and well too.  Even the lettuce lasted almost until the end of November, before it got too bitter to eat. I also recently noticed that the carrots I did not pull by accident are still green and growing.  I'll have to check and see if they've continued to grow bigger.  I guess I did not have to pull them way back in October after all.

And best of all, the few slight frosts have 'sweetened' the kale. It tastes FAR better than it did during the summer.  I wish I'd grown parsnips and brussel sprouts!

 Patrick


1 comment:

Molly said...

Well, it's a little colder in Anchorage and there is a tiny bit of snow, but it is not very wintery yet. I read on a climate blog that 36 states have recorded temperatures colder than Anchorage's coldest temp (14F) so far this fall.